Friday, February 10, 2012

Valentine Crafts


We've been getting the house ready to celebrate valentines day.  I used jute, hot glue, staples, and leftover wedding invitations - which have been used in so many projects over the last nearly eight years - and lots of inspiration from pinterest.  It's not red and pink but I figure old wedding invitations are about as romantic as it gets. (In true, long-lasting-marriage fashion after a day of decorating with wedding invitations, we ended our day in a spat)












Soren, Elliot, and Penny put up LOTS of their handmade valentine decorations as well, but somehow those ones weren't as photogenic!  You can spy one of them four photos up.

4 comments:

  1. I love the idea of using old wedding invites! I also have a ton of old programs from our wedding, that I could put to good use...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope you'll post pictures if you do!

      Delete
  2. Lovely, sweet, clever, practical, and oh, so romantic. Spat or no. Thanks for sharing your creative works. I enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cherie! While Husband and I may have argued - the kids and I had so much fun making crafts all day.

      Delete