Another blogger has done some digging into the history of the award here. I find his version to be delightful, but I do not have the time a the moment, so I will pass on what Abby has sent (simpler!). When you get the award, you’re supposed to reveal seven things about yourself, then pass it on to seven other bloggers.
So here are seven things you might not know about me (and if you enjoyed this list, make sure you go check out this old one that gives insight into my screen name amongst other things), though this is tough as most of you have been reading (or have known me) for years and years now:
- Words that are intentionally spelled wrong irritate me (like "Kreativ"), but never so much as when they are done while marketing to children with words like "skool".
- I haven't had a significantly new hair style since 1993 - but that should be changing THIS WEEK at the hands of this dear friend.
- When I was 10 years old I was convinced that I wanted three daughters, and that I was going to name them Faith, Hope, and Charity and refer to them as my three graces. Sick isn't it? (no offense to the individual names....just the whole package). One of Penelope's middle names is, however, Grace.
- My husband proposed to me after 6 short weeks of dating, and I said yes (and have never regretted it)
- A couple nights ago I couldn't fall asleep for over an hour (it usually takes me all of 3 minutes) because I was consumed imagining how I would teach math to inner city students in the Bronx. I have since slept just fine.
- I am completely addicted to the television show LOST (which I watch on abc.com the next day as we do not otherwise watch television)
- I am currently doing all of my cooking on one plug-in burner, an electric skillet, and a convection oven. There is only 1 recipe in my normal repertoire that I cannot make as it requires the "broil" function of a normal oven. I like the challenge.
- Katie at Rabbits In Walls.
- Mrs. Boo Radley (not her real name, but she used to be my lovely neighbor) at Just Like Camping