Saturday, July 17, 2010

Summer Fashion Week: Day 6


A simple saturday
Dress: Talbots, thrifted
Hat:  Thrifted, as seen before
Shoes: Mudd, the $1 Garage sale find

Necklace: Gifted from an art show. 

Today was lovely as I was able to slip away without the kids and enjoy a brunch with some friends.  It was beautiful.  One of the other mothers present mentioned that she so rarely even has time to flip through magazines with images of such lovely settings and brunches, let alone take part in one.  I could not have agreed more.  What a treat it was!

Also, here's a sneak preview of some fashion I will be donning come October (for my sister's wedding):
This was taken early this morning, so forgive the sleepy jam girl and the unbrushed hair.  
It's good pictures cannot include morning breath.
Dress: Unique Vintage

The week of fashion is nearly over.  Take a peek at the other weekend wear.

7 comments:

  1. that necklace is too cool!! great summery outfit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, 3 in a row clinches it. You have fantastic necklaces. Each one you've worn is so, so lovely.

    I'm dying to see the rest of dress for the wedding. It looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hat and dress look great together. And I love the details on the dress for the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great and comfy! Love your necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Molly - Thanks! I feel like I am lacking in the rest of the jewelry department, but I am glad for a good few that I enjoy.

    I will have to ask my sister if I have permission to give a preview of the whole dress!

    Lea - It was, and perfect for the ladies brunch. I should see if my husband will take an "evening" addition of my BBQ attire.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at you! All snazzy with your amazing thrifted finds! And that is a totally awesome necklace :) Glad you got a wonderful brunch this morning. I hope the rest of your day went well too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rachael - For some reason blogger just showed me this comment. Strange! But thank you so much! Emery got me hooked on thrift. I look for similar colors and materials so that I can keep it all wardrobe-functional.

    ReplyDelete